Permanent - Full Time ideally but Part Time considered
Do you support vulnerable children and their families to overcome challenges and want to help them to reach their full potential?
Do you want to want to work for a service that creates a culture and practice that is open and responsive to the needs
of those who use the service.?
We are proud to be the first tier supplier into a Bridgend based Residential Family Centre
This is an exceptional role supporting smaller caseloads of families, where there are concerns in respect of a parent's ability to care for their child.
Managing small caseload numbers
Placements of families are typically for 12 weeks and include a programme of teaching and assessment.
Families may have a range of needs; including but not limited to low self-esteem or confidence in their ability as parents, learning needs or a learning disability, a history of domestic abuse or substance misuse issues.
- Help parent(s) improve their self-esteem, confidence, skills and behaviours such that children have the best possible chance to stay in their parent's care.
- To provide robust and effective parenting assessments so the best possible determination can be made by statutory bodies and courts of what is in each child's best interests (particularly from a safeguarding perspective).
- Build and develop trusting and supportive relationships with families by placing relationship-based practice at the heart of what we do.
- Develop, in partnership with the family and other professionals, agreed plans and outcomes. These will provide a clear focus to placement, where identified progress targets are realistic and measurable.
- Promptly understand and address areas of concern in order to enable families to have the best chance of making positive changes and ensuring the protection of children is our primary priority.
- Deliver tailored parenting programmes (including workshops) and provide information advice and guidance to help parents/carers to parents to improve their self-esteem, confidence, skills and behaviours such that children have the best possible chance to remain in their parent's care.
- Develop high quality, evidence based, multi-disciplinary parenting assessments that robustly consider each parent's ability to meet their child's developing needs.
- Social work qualification
- 2 years experience post qualification.
- Registration as a social worker with the Care Council for Wales
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen to and communicate sensitively with service users
- Experience of child care and related work
- Practical knowledge of the relevant Children Acts, related guidance, and the framework for the assessment of Children In Need and their families.
- Valid driving licence
- Ability to make positive use of supervision
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Ability to co-work with colleagues and promote multi-agency working
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Why let this opportunity to work for a culturally astute service slip through your fingers?
- 22 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays each year (FTE)
- Annual Performance Awards (bonus)
- Free on site parking
- Free advanced DBS checking and update service reimbursement
- Eligibility for Workplace pension and life assurance
- Access to Canopi mental health support
- Eligibility for Blue Light Card
Do you have some more questions regarding this or any other role?
If you are interested in discussing the position further, please contact Ian Davies on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion.
I have over 20 years experience in recruiting. If this particular role does not sound quite right for you, we have a wide selection of roles across the country that may not be advertised. We are also able to source a particular role to suit your requirements, so whether you work with children or adults in any particular speciality, please get in touch to see how we can support you!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.