SW Locums are looking to secure the services of a fully UK Qualified Social Worker with Social Work England Registration to work in the Adult Mental Health Team at St Ann's Hospital in North London.
All applicants must have evidence of UK experience in a similar setting, working with Complex Needs in a Multi-Disciplinary Team for a minimum of 3 years.
Candidates need to have a Comprehensive knowledge of social care legislation, the Care Act, MHA, MCA, DOLS/LPS, Housing, Homeless Reduction Act, Human Rights Assessments, Localism Act, No recourse to Public Funds, Court of Protection, Appointee ship
A trained AMHP and BIA would be a distinct advatage
- To carry out Care Act assessments and support people who present with functional and/or organic mental health problems in Haringey by using community resources and the social care budget tomeet their needs.
- To act as a care coordinator in the Locality Mental Health Team.
- To devise care and support plans with service-users and their carers and undertake reviews under the Care Act and Care Programme Approach (CPA)To apply a strengths-based approach to working with service-users and their carers providing evidence based therapeutic social work practice and skills such as motivational interviewing, trauma informed care and psychoeducation.
- To provide service users and their carers with clear and intelligible information which will assist them in making informed decisions about their treatment and care.
- To provide effective liaison with colleagues in primary care, social services, community health and voluntary organisations and champion people s rights and entitlements in the wider mental health of older adult services.
- To provide guidance to the rest of the team on applying the Care Act and other mental health and social care legislation and to prepare appropriate information/ referrals/reports to access community resources.
To work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team including psychology, occupational therapists, nurses, support workers, medical professionals and pharmacology to ensure that the best quality of care is provided and effective use of the social care budget.
- To be willing to train as an Approved Mental Health Professional, (AMHP) and once qualified to share knowledge and practice with the team and contribute to the AMHP rota If required, to be willing to train as a Best Interest Assessor (BIA)/ Approved Mental Capacity Professional (AMCP) and once qualified to share knowledge and practice with the team and contribute to the AMCP rota.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No waffle straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading Refer a Friend recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent Find your own job bonus get £350 for bringing your own position to us
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.