Social Worker - Practice Educator
We are looking for a Social Work Practice Educator to sit within the Integrated Student Team, Social Work Department.
Position: Practice Educator
Hours: Full Time
Contract: 1-year Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
Salary: £36000 per year
Benefits: Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans.
Closing Date: 12th December 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Join a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. With its 50th anniversary approaching, it is an exciting time to join the team!
Your role as Practice Educator, is to assess Social Work degree students (MA and BA / BSc (Hons) who are on placement with the charity in line with professional standards of Social Work education. You will be part of the team which provides a training, learning and development function for opportunities for staff, students on placement and apprentices.
The post will also ensure all SW Student placements are designed and delivered within the framework agreed by stakeholders including Social Work England, partner Universities, students, local managers, service users, staff and volunteers.
You will work with a cohort of student social workers on placement to assess and develop them in line with the requirements of Social Work England and the charity.
Some other main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with local service Managers to negotiate and establish student placements in projects, responding appropriately to service user and organisational needs
- Ensure all SW Student placements are designed and delivered within the framework agreed by stakeholders including Social Work England, Universities, students, local managers, service users, staff and volunteers
- To liaise on a regular basis with Operational Managers, attending team meetings when appropriate
The charity offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression. If the values of being respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous resonate with you, please apply!
As Practice Educator, you will:
- Be a qualified and registered Social Worker with a current PEPS 1&2 or equivalent
- Have excellent written/verbal communication skills along with IT skills including Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web-based systems
- Have good scheduling and coordinating skills
- Have the ability to negotiate outcomes for placements, with multiple partners
- Have an understanding of relevant statutory legislation and its application in voluntary sector provision
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
If offered a role, you will be issued a conditional offer based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.
As provided for by the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the "HSC Act"), all staff who work at or attend CQC registered care homes are required to be vaccinated against Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) with an authorised vaccine as defined by the HSC Act (unless otherwise exempt) i.e. If your normal place of work will fall within the scope of this legislation OR You may be required to work from or attend a location which falls within the scope of this legislation from time to time in line with operational requirements.
You may also have experience in areas such as Recovery Support Practice Educator - Children's Social Work Practice Educator, Practice Educator - Adult Social Work, Practice Educator - Social Work, Senior Professional Social Work Educator, Junior Professional Social Work Educator, Off-site Practice Educator, On-site Practice Educator, Community Practice Educator.