Are you a Social Worker looking to join a company that values and recognises you? If so, join the team at Sturt House in Surrey and be the reason why lives change for the better. You will help some of the most vulnerable people.
You will be responsible for managing a complex case load which will require working with people who have mental health problems and who may offend. This will include more vulnerable service users with particularly complex problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working in a multi-disciplinary setting, supporting all disciplines
- Completing ongoing comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from the pre-admission to discharge stage in relation to service users' needs, risk assessment and risk management including child protection and welfare issues, and the appropriateness of potential placement incorporating views of family, relevant carers, home area agencies and those of the victim if available
- On behalf of the MDT, being responsible for liaising with the home authorities via a named individual (Health, SSD and Probation) at the point of admission and maintaining this liaison function through to discharge stage
- Participating in multi-disciplinary working with service users that will involve attendance at clinical team meetings, conferences and CPA reviews
- Completing a full annual social care reassessment within the CPA format on all patients for whom you are the named social worker
- Collaborating with the home authorities, service users and ensuring that their families are involved in decision making/care planning process where possible
- Maintaining appropriate electronic and integrated files and records of work undertaken and completing required administrative procedures
- In consultation with MDT and in collaboration with the home LA/HA, contribute to the preparation of reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals, appeals to MH Act Independent Hospital Managers and attending hearings if appropriate
To be a successful Social Worker you'll need:
- Experience in a similar role and environment
- Placement or work experience in mental health settings
- To fully engage in Breakaway training and MVA training
- Essential: CQSW or CSS or Dip,SW,(e), Degree in Social Work
- Desirable: AMHP, Msc Social Work
What you will get:
- Annual salary of 23,800 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.