Social Worker Supervisor
5050 Iselin Ave, The Bronx, NY 10471, USA Req #2500
Friday, October 14, 2022
Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Dr. Eugene D. Glynn Manhattan North Counseling Center serves people living in the Washington Heights and Inwood areas of Manhattan who are struggling with a range of emotional and social problems. The clinic offers counseling and case management services to families as well as individual therapy for children, adolescents, and adults. Offers Spanish-language groups.
The Social Worker Supervisor is a member of the program's leadership team and is responsible for ensuring clients receive timely access to quality clinical services, providing supervision and professional development of program staff, overseeing administrative functions to support program operations and program compliance with federal, state, and city regulatory bodies and funding entities.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
You should have:
- Master's degree in human services and New York State licensure in social work (LMSW or LCSW), mental health counseling (LMHC) or other LBHP recognized by State regulatory agency.
- Solid clinical skills and knowledgeable of evidence-based practices. Excellent organizational skills, team work and communication skills.
- Experience working with electronic medical records and proficient with use of Microsoft Office software.
- A minimum 3 year of relevant experience with similar population/setting
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical