Works collaboratively with health care team assessing and planning interventions to help patients cope with the social, emotional, financial and environmental problems.
- Performs psychosocial assessments and provides interventions to assist patients/families, including counseling, education, advocacy, referral, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, problem solving, coordination of family/team meetings and the provision of concrete services.
- Works with multidisciplinary team providing treatment recommendations and engages patients and families in adherence to the treatment plan by reducing or eliminating social, psychological, financial, behavioral and regulatory barriers to facilitate successful medical outcomes, improve the patient experience and efficient utilization of health resources.
- Maintains a network of resources for consultation and assists patients with linkage to community resources to facilitate optimal care.
- Documents professional recommendations, care coordination interventions, and treatment plans to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team.
- Provides supervision to social work interns and assists with training/orientation of new staff (LISW).
- Provides education to fellows, residents and other allied health professionals about the impact of social problems on health outcomes and the effectiveness of social interventions in improving outcome.
- Advocacy, Ethics, Psychosocial Assessment, Psychopathology, Engagement, Problem Assessment, Engagement and Group Work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Social work from a CSWE accredited program.
- State Licensed Social Worker (LSW) required.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) within 5 years of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a hospital and healthcare setting required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or correction vision
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.