Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Speech Language Pathologist today with Brookdale Home Health.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Brookdale Home Health, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist Home Health. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Speech and Language Pathologist will identify and treat patients with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. Improves patient's communication skills through vocal exercises and cognitive therapies. May select alternative communication systems and teach their use. May perform research related to speech and language problems.
What you will do in this role:
- Optimizes communication, cognitive and swallowing skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in initiating referrals; evaluating and treating appropriate patients; participating in the care planning process; documenting progress toward identified priorities and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient's family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Confers with the physician and other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient. Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members.
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the treatment plan.
- Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician's orders.
- Adapts treatment to meet the personal needs of the patient.
What qualifications you will need:
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program
- License to practice speech language pathology within the state
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays
- Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance Must have valid driver's license
Our home health agency is committed to providing excellent, multidisciplinary services delivered by an experienced team of healthcare professionals. We offer skilled nursing, therapy, and social work services in the comfort of our patient's homes. Under the supervision of a physician, our team of professionals develop an individualized plan of care for patients with the goal of restoring independence as quickly as possible.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist Home Health opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.