Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)Who We Are
We foster a culture driven by a team of passionate, mission-driven professionals. We're pioneering a bright future for therapy providers who are motivated to do what's right for patients and those who are looking for opportunities to advance.
Encore Rehabilitation is a trusted leader in delivering innovative outsourced rehabilitation solutions tailored to the unique needs of our variety of provider partners. High-quality care with meaningful clinical outcomes with Therapist located nationwide.
Encore invites you to join our incredible team of employees and apply today!What We Offe
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- License Reimbursement
- 401K Company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Career development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
Speech Language Pathologist Position Summary
Provides and directs speech therapy services to residents, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication. Functions under physician's orders.
Speech Language Pathologist Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides speech therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy Department procedures.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, family, and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family and other team members.
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan.
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment.
- Documents results of resident's assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the resident.
- Recommends and obtains appropriate equipment to improve patient's communication. Instructs patient, family and staff in use of augmentative communication devices.
- Instructs patient, family and staff in appropriate speech-language procedures or home program to allow carry-over of therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Speech Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of speech therapy services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as required.
- Provides in-service education to members of the resident's care team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Records billable treatment times according to Speech Therapy Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to regional office.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as required.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Speech Language Pathologist MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Regular attendance.