Peninsula Private Hospital - Sole Speech Pathologist
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Education and Training Opportunities
- Degree in Speech Pathology
- Employee assistance program
Are you an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist looking to join a dynamic Allied Health team? The successful applicant will have the opportunity to experience a varied clinical caseload.
As a Speech Pathologist your responsibilities will include:
- The provision of safe patient care within professional, legal and hospital policy guidelines as well as in-line with the Speech Pathology Australia Professional Standards
- Promoting and displaying a high standard of customer service skills
- Provision of assessment and therapy for hospital inpatients and day-patients
- Assessing and managing dysphagia
- Assessing and managing patients with language, speech and communication difficulties
- Provision of education for patients, carers and other team members
- Managing their own caseload in coordination with other team members
- Participate in discharge planning to ensure safe & timely discharge
- Provide clear, informative and objective handover to the nursing staff
Peninsula Private Hospital is located on the beautiful peninsula and provides a full range of both Surgical, Paediatric, Medical and Rehabilitation services.
This is a Maternity Leave Coverage Contract from Sep 2021 to May 2022
Minimum of 12 hours a week (over 3 days)
- A degree in Speech Pathology
- Previous acute hospital experience min of 2 years' experience, particularly in dysphagia management
- Eligibility for membership to Speech Pathology Australia
- Video fluoroscopy and tracheostomy management experience
- Exceptional time management and communication skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to professional development
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications Close: 9th August 2021
For further enquiries: Please contact Lara Paech, Allied Health Manager at
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and a CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.