An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join a leading Social Enterprise who has been "turning children's lives around" since 1989.
The service covers Devon, Torbay, Plymouth, and Cornwall and the organisation is currently expanding their footprint into North Cornwall and North Devon in line with their growth and development strategy.
This post is to cover a sabbatical of 14 weeks and is working 37 hours per week.
Your base will be at their office in Alphington, Exeter. They are a busy, friendly team who are keen to welcome you as a Supervising Social Worker.
Their latest Ofsted inspection rated 'Good' stated:
Managers ensure that social workers receive regular, quality supervision. This provides opportunities for reflective discussions about practice and case complexities. Recordings of supervision are detailed, and action points are reviewed at subsequent sessions. Staff report feeling well supported and valued.
Working for the organisation has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the person appointed to this post is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
The organisation works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across their fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
The Supervising Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers
- Assist in carer recruitment activities
- Be part of their Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in their Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
- Taking part in their day duty service on a rota basis from the office
You will receive:
- Formal induction and training in their paperless electronic recording and management system
- Professional social work supervision provided by a manager
- Individual and group Clinical reflective space provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with their clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Learning opportunities to meet the requirements of your CPD for Social Work England
- Market related salary plus on call allowance plus car allowance
You will have:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all their children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- The right to work in the UK
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The organisation is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C9702
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Exeter, Devon. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.