An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to joina leading Social Enterprise who has been "turning children's lives around" since 1989.
As the Supervising Social Worker you will be based in their Greater Manchester region rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
The service essentially covers the Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire and surrounding areas in line with the organisation's growth and development strategy.
Working for this organisation has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the Supervising Social Worker is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
The organisation works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across their fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
You will be joining a developing service with an impressive carer recruitment pipeline.
The Supervising Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessments
- Be part of the Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in the Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
?The organisation knows how important it is that they look after you, so you can look after the children who need you, and that's one of the key reasons they were named Employer of the Year at the National Children and Young People Awards 2021.
You will receive:
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system
- Access to the ASYE Programme for newly qualified social workers
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Market related salary plus on call allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perk box discount scheme membership
The Supervising Social Worker will have:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving licence
- The right to work in the UK
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The organisation is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9650
Full-Time, Permanent Support Worker Jobs, Support Worker Careers and Support Worker Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Oldham, Great Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.