Herts Good Care are assisting Carers in Hertfordshire to find the perfect Support Worker to join their team.
Job Title:Care Support Worker
Reference Number:HCPA(phone number removed)
Company Name:Carers in Hertfordshire
Shifts Available:Evenings , Days , Nights , Weekends
Location:Abbots Langley, Borehamwood, Bushey, Chorleywood, Kings Langley, Radlett, Rickmansworth, Watford
Type of Care Provider:Support at Home
Supporting individuals with:Dementia , Older Adults , End Of Life , Learning Disability , Mental Health , Physical Disability , Sensory Impairment , Substance Misuse , Epilepsy , Neurological Conditions
Pay/Salary:£9.30 - £13.24 Per Hour
Hours of Work:7.30am to 2pm and 4pm to 9pm
Contract Type:0 Hours Contract
About the Company
Carers in Hertfordshire is a well-respected independent carer-led charity that provides support to carers and the people they care for. A Carer is a family member or friend who provides unpaid care for a person who is frail or disabled, our mission is to ensure they are recognised, valued and supported so that they have the opportunity for a much-needed break outside of their caring role. This support also extends to the vulnerable who live on their own to enable them to live independently and remain in their own home.
At Carers in Hertfordshire, we take pride in ensuring we provide high-quality, flexible services which respond to the individual needs of all our carers, 24hours per day, 7 days per week. We offer a range of services including Carers' Breaks, Domiciliary Care and the Borehamwood Seniors Club - an activity and lunch club for people over 60. We also provide a variety of ways for carers to work closely and collaboratively with professional staff in a wide range of voluntary and statutory organisations to link our services and help those organisations to develop a carer-friendly focus.
Why should I apply for this Care Support Worker job?
All our Care Support Workers receive comprehensive training and we also provide ongoing development opportunities tailored to each individual needs
Free uniform and DBS check
Support from our office-based staff and 24/7 on-call team
Mileage at 40p per mile between client's home
Excellent hourly rates -£9.30 per hour weekday, up to £13.24 per hour for bank holidays
Paid holiday based on hours worked
Fully funded care certificate
What does this Care Support Worker job involve?
Care Support Workers will receive very confidential information concerning the families they will be visiting. It is vital this information is kept confidential.
Personal and social care tasks:
* Support service users with all aspects of personal care
* Assist with dressing and undressing
* Assist with mobility and transfers, ensuring all specialised equipment are used correctly
* Assist with feeding and drinking
* Support with administering medication
* Assist with therapeutic programmes designed under medical direction to help an individual progress as advised by the relevant professional, under the direction of the Registered manager
* Escorts to medical appointments, shopping, and social clubs
* Ensure all documentation is completed correctly
* Provide emotional support to the family as part of a caring team.
* Assist with doing Light domestic duties
* Assist with laundry
* Meal preparation
Am I the right person for this Care Support Worker job?
* Be able to provide two contacts details for references (previous employers)
* Permission to work in the UK.
* Be able to prepare basic meals
* Friendly, compassionate, and can-do attitude
* Be willing to work as part of a team
* Be able to respect confidentiality at all times
* Must be willing to work evenings and every other weekend
* Good standard of physical fitness and health
* Be flexible to cover holidays and sickness, sometimes at short notice.
* Communicate using the English language both verbally and in writing, as communication is a key element of this position
* Ability using own initiative
Desirable but not essential
* Up to date first aider
* NVQ certificate level 2 or 3
* Previous experience in providing care would be advantageous however we can provide training for the right person.
* full clean driving licence and use of a car
* Be covered for business class motor insurance
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will call you within the next couple of days. If this is not the right job for you, we have over 200 positions which you can search and apply by visiting Hertsgoodcare