Job Title: Support Worker - St Edwards Residential
Location: New Addington, London
Salary: £18,914 per annum (inclusive of location allowance)
Job type: Full Time. 37 hours per week, Monday - Sunday includes weekends & Sleep-ins £50 per night
Help transform lives by joining our team.
It's not easy, and it's not for everyone. But as a support worker, the rewards can be so much bigger than the challenges. You really will make a positive difference to people's lives.
You'll be joining our team, both locally and nationally and we'll support you every step of the way.
Our services at St Edwards Residential provides a place for adults with autism and learning difficulties to come to have fun, to learn and to participate in the community. We provide a caring environment and staff who are experts in working with people who have autism and complex needs. St Edwards Residential is open to anyone with a diagnosis of autism. Our programmes are flexible and tailored to each individual so they can pick activities which suit their needs and wants. We have specialist rooms for activities such as art and craft as well as other spaces where we gather to socialise and to learn.
This role is based in a Care setting. Successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
* We need you to be resilient, supportive and sensitive towards the needs of autistic people. Being a support worker takes patience and commitment. But working with autistic people gives so much more in return.
* You may have a personal connection, a desire to work with or real life experiences working with autistic people.You might not have lots of experience yet, but if you share our values and are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people, we'd love to hear from you.
* We offer a fantastic one year induction programme, continuing learning and development opportunities and the support you need to develop a career in social care. Along with a host of benefits- from shopping discounts to flexible working and a competitive pension scheme.
* Help transform lives by joining our team TODAY!
* Visit our website to find out more about who we are and what we do.
* The National Autistic Society is here to transform lives, challenge perceptions and build a society that works for autistic people.
* Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks which will include references and criminal backgrounds.
* We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from those with a diagnosis of ASD.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Closing date for this role is Friday 28th January.
To APPLY for the role, please click the button at the end of this page to apply online.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Autism Care Worker, Support Worker, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Worker, Special Needs Support, Care Helper Care Management, Care Assist, Support Coordinator, Care Supervisor, Autism Support, Autism Support Worker, Support Supervisor, Support Manager, Care Coordinator, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support will be considered for this role