Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding new role in mental health work?
Are you looking for a supportive management team who care for staff welfare as well as your professional development?
Are you searching for a role where you genuinely feel like you have made a difference each day?
This could be the job for you!
About the role:
We are seeking Support Workers with a passion for mental health care, to join a small residential home in Downend, Bristol.
You will be part of an expanding and innovative organisation, working with women with complex needs including mental illness, histories of self-harm, personality disorders, forensic histories and challenging behaviours.
This residential or 'step down' home provides relational support alongside DBT and in-house clinical services, while working in an 'equal partnership' approach with service users. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team providing both residential and therapeutic support.
Your role will include:
* Encouraging service users to be actively involved in the running of their home, and engage in weekly meetings to feedback on the service
* Providing support with day-to-day living including daily routines, personal care and managing challenging behaviour
* Providing support to develop the life skills needed to step down from residential care toward greater independence, e.g. employment and/or supported living
* Facilitating community inclusion and supporting the women to access leisure, sport, education and occupation facilities
This is a permanent position, with full-time and part-time options available.
Preferred shift patterns are a mixture of days (7.45am - 8pm) and nights (8pm-7.45am). However, if you can only work days, or nights, some flexibility may be possible.
You will work 14 shifts per month on a 4-week rota for full-time roles, or 2 shifts per week for part-time, both including 2 in 4 weekends.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary for this role is £22,077 per annum / £11 per hour, with benefits including:
* Excellent overtime rates (up to £14+ on weekends)
* Opportunities for additional monthly and 6-monthly overtime bonuses
* 21 days' annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (rising with length of service)
* Life insurance
* Refer-a-friend scheme (£500)
* Auto-enrolment on pension scheme
* Genuine career progression (most promotions are made internally)
* Excellent training and development, support to gain formal qualifications
* Paid-for DBS check
* Free uniform
Experience in the care industry, particularly within mental health, is highly desirable but not essential, as excellent training will be given. We are looking for people with:
* Enthusiasm and drive to enrich individuals' lives
* Confidence and resilience to work effectively with behaviours that challenge
* Excellent communication skill
* Strong desire to learn and to make a difference
How to apply:
If this sounds like the job for you, or if you have any questions, then please get in touch! Click 'Apply Now' or call Becky Bowles at Owl Recruitment - find me on LinkedIn