Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker (Mental Health), to work in the Haringey area at a floating support service. The service provides support to people across the borough who are living with mental health problems and need housing related support to help develop independent living skills.
The service operates with staff members who work in the locality teams at St Ann's hospital who provide brief intervention support with people and those who work in the community and provide longer term support with customers.
This role would be based in one of the locality teams at St Ann's hospital primarily providing Brief Interventions to customers.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required for approximately 2 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate is £11.78 per hour, with £1.71 holiday pay, totalling £13.49 per hour.
In this position, you will be required to:
* Hold a caseload of key clients and undertake regular key working sessions resulting in agreed Support Plans
* Complete comprehensive needs and risk assessments
* Work with customers in a person centred, recovery focused and trauma informed way
* Support customers to plan their recovery and manage their allocated budget as required to maintain their independence and wellbeing
* Support customers to manage risk and to take appropriate risks that will support their recovery
* Undertake customer referral and needs assessments for the service
* Assist customers to access benefits, rent payments and manage arrears and domestic bills
* Work with and support tenants to enable them to learn the skills required to manage and sustain their own tenancy, including how to use appliances and assistance to deal with demanding situations
* Work in effective partnership with primary and secondary health and social care professionals, to deliver specific care pathways and meet the desired outcomes for customers
* Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns
Please note, this role involves lone working.
To apply for this role, you must have:
* Experience working with service users suffering from homelessness, asylum seekers, ex-offenders, mental health, substance misuse or vulnerable customers
* Previous experience in a floating support role
* Experience of using support planning and risk assessment tools
* Knowledge of legislation around homelessness, housing, immigration and benefits and how it applies to service users
* Experience and knowledge of Welfare Benefits, Housing Management & basic knowledge of Housing law and Occupancy types
* Experience providing assistance on life skills and move-on
* Knowledge of Safeguarding vulnerable adults
* Experience of and be comfortable with lone working
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
In order to register with Central Recruitment Services for temporary agency work, candidates must meet the following criteria:
* Current valid right to work in the UK
* Minimum 12 months' of paid experience in a front line social care role within the last 3 years* (unless recruitment criteria states otherwise)
* A fully enhanced DBS either registered on the DBS update service or issued within the last 12 months, or willingness to apply for one through Central (at a cost of £44)
* Employment or education history to cover the last 5 years which can be verified through the referencing process
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria, and we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position