We are currently seeking experienced Support Workers to cover placements in and around the PLymouth and Exeter area. Our clients sit in the learning disabilities/ mental health area of care and include extremely vulnerable and sometimes challenging behaviours - therefore, you would need experience and the correct training. Our carers are of the highest quality and therefore deliver the highest calibre of care, does this sound like it could be you? Being a care provider, we offer flexibility in work patters, training, supervisions and reviews, assessments and support with all service users - we are a rapidly expanding team and have assignments across the whole of the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supporting the service user to safely access the community.
* Supporting the service user to build and maintain a sense of routine and assist with their daily activities of living. Facilitating social situations
* A therapeutic relationship; building a rapport and sense of trust in order to help the service user to manage their anxieties
* Manage and impose appropriate boundaries for the safety of the adult and others
* Positively managing challenging behaviour
* Close observations to manage the risk of self and others
* Observing the adult mental state and update care plans to reflect this
* Working as part of the team and support each other as necessary
* Following and understanding the care plan of the adult, making changes where necessary.
* Minimum 6 months experience working with young adults/ teenagers in a care setting
* 2 x satisfactory references
* Mental Health
* Challenging behaviour
* De-escalation techniques
* Must be comfortable with administering medication
* NVQ/QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care
* Positive behavioural support trained/ experienced (PBS)
* The ideal candidate has an interest in art, enjoys nature and being outdoors
* A caring and sensitive nature, to encourage and motivate adult to participate in hobbies and activities they enjoy Benefits
Who we are?
Bleep360 Care (Bleep360) is a care service that prides itself on providing "Only the best" service to all adults who need active support to go about their lives in a healthy, happy and safe environment. Bleep360 Care specialise in looking after adults with complex and often challenging care needs in a variety of settings; tailored supported living, residential and respite care. The challenging care needs include but is not limited to: mental health difficulties, physical and emotional trauma, behavioural, learning disabilities. We are looking for support workers with complex care experience who exude a passion for helping others; and work to the highest standard ensuring the best possible outcome for adults - who are in most need of support. The role of a Bleep360 Care support worker requires you to possess the energy, enthusiasm, patience and drive to bring out the best in the adult! You must be able to support growth in confidence, improve self-esteem and help the adult realise aspirations and ambitions. To apply for this post please respond to this advert