Are you passionate about Mental Health support?
Do you have the desire to help people achieve greater independence?
Are you looking for an employer that really cares, and can support you to develop your own skills as well as the skills of your service users?
About the job:
We are looking for Support Workers in the Pontypridd area for a low-security, rehabilitation hospital set in the countryside. The centre provides specialist mental health treatment to adults with long-term mental illness, offending backgrounds and/or personality disorders. The service offers a wide range of treatment programmes and Therapeutic interventions, with a focus on rehabilitation and recovery.
As a Support Worker you will work alongside a fantastic multi-disciplinary team to provide residential and therapeutic care to patients who may have significant cognitive problems, challenging behaviour and associated physical/psychiatric needs. Your day-to-day support will involve:
* Enabling service users to achieve greater independence and self-responsibility
* Providing individuals with relationship, life skills, resilience and coping strategies
* Promoting emotional stability and the foundations needed to make a successful move back into the community.
* Working with respect and integrity to help deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation
* Supporting individuals with personal care and challenging behaviours (you will be trained in physical intervention, among other areas)
Shift patterns are a mixture of days (7.45am - 8pm) and nights (8pm-7.45am), working 14 shifts per month (including 2 in 4 weekends).
If you can only work days, or nights, some flexibility may be possible and we would still love to hear from you.
Part-time applicants who can work 2 shifts per week (including 2 in 4 weekends) are also welcomed.
Salary & Benefits:
Alongside a salary of £21,567 per annum / £10.50 per hour, benefits include:
* Excellent overtime rates (£11+ weekdays, £13+ weekends)
* Opportunities for additional overtime bonuses (£100 per month, plus additional 6 month bonuses)
* 21 days' annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
* £500 refer-a-friend scheme
* Life insurance
* Career succession planning
* Excellent training and development (their training team just won an award for the quality of their training programme!)
* Free uniform
* Paid-for DBS check
Whether you are looking for your big break into mental health care, or are seeking a company that offers more serious progression opportunities, this could be the perfect role for you. This provider offers industry-leading training as well as opportunities for further development and to obtain QCFs. Promotions are usually made from within, with most Managers having started as Support Workers, so there is real career progression to be had here.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people with:
* Confidence and resilience to work with behaviours that challenge
* The enthusiasm and drive to enrich individuals' lives
* Excellent communication skills
* A strong desire to learn
* A stable work history
* A clean DBS
A driving license is not required for the role, however, drivers or people with access to their own transport would be preferred due to the location/accessibility of the service.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the job for you, or you have any questions about the role, click 'Apply Now' or call Becky at Owl Recruitment - find me on Linkedin