An Outstanding Fostering Agency in Ringwood is searching to recruit on a 12 months fixed temporary contract a Therapeutic Support worker. This is a part-time, 36 per week,10am-6:30pm Mon to Thurs, 11am-5:30pm on Fridays, offering therapeutic social care support to vulnerable children and young people in Ringwood.
As a Therapeutic Support Worker you will engage in direct focused work with children and support their progress in the therapeutic programmes and foster placements. You will be working with them in the community, leisure activities or at school. Your main purpose would be to model acceptable behaviour and build trustworthy relationships so children can feel safe and happy among adults.
- multi-agency working with clinical team, social workers, fostering team
- therapeutic training and chance to grow new skills
- working schedule during office hours and short day on Fridays
- therapeutic Outstanding Ofsted Fostering Agency that has fantastic reputation in working with children
- experience a career in social work, working closely with supervising social workers - learn about fostering social work
- salary is between £19,000-£20,000 per annum
- experience working closely with children or young people
- have access to a car and drive
- be able to work 36 per week on the following schedule: 10am-6:30pm Mon to Thurs, 11am-5:30pm on Fridays
The Fostering Agency has been rated Outstanding Ofsted and it's one of the leading fostering providers across UK. Therapeutic Support Worker will give you the chance to learn new skills, supporting vulnerable children, foster carers, in a therapeutic holistic way. You will be working multi-agency to promote the welfare of children and advocate for their safety and independence. If this sounds like a dream job to you, please apply with a CV in word format. Contact me on linkedin Ana Bohotineanu if you want to hear more about this role or any other.