Title Therapist - Social Worker (720) About the Organization The Hancock Physician Network is a group of experienced physicians specializing in internal medicine, family practice, OB/GYN, pediatrics, pulmonary medicine, and behavioral health. We provide the highest-quality care-with kindness and professionalism-to the patients and families we serve.
Our Mission is to improve the health of patients and families in the communities we serve with respect, integrity, and clinical excellence. Category Hancock Counseling - 7078 Description Position Purpose:
An exempt position responsible for providing professional social work services to patients and families including direct counseling services, crisis intervention, and coordination of community services/resources. Performance of duties may be autonomous and self-directed as part of an interdisciplinary team. PREREQUISITE SKILLS:
- Demonstrated communication skills to effectively communicate with management, providers, and patients.
- Operational knowledge of telephones, fax machines, postage machines, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in handling patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work with peers in a team situation and create a positive work environment for team members.
- Demonstrate a functional and technical understanding of applicable scheduling and billing software, Intranet and Internet usage, Excel/Word software, E-mail Usage and
- Web-based applications. Required to check e-mail daily and use as a source of internaland external communication.
- Required to understand and utilize electronic medical record technology.
The following list describes the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here. Core Competencies:
Demonstrates the following competencies:
- Conducts comprehensive, culturally sensitive psychosocial assessments, develops care plans, and provides counseling and crisis intervention services to individuals and families.
- Coordinates services with appropriate clinic and community resources.
- Provides information and education about health/mental issues to individual patients and to groups.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and treatment data in medical record.
- Provides social work consultation to clinic staff and community providers as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison to community health care network.
Relationship Competencies/Work Group Competencies
- Caring, compassionate, and approachable in all customer contacts
- Privacy respects customers right to privacy and modesty
- Confidentiality maintains customers confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette speaks so that customers hear a smile
- Appearance takes personal ownership in appearance and that of work environment
- Initiative takes necessary steps to fix problems immediately
- Providing Direction and Customer Acknowledgment provides personalized attention by being courteous, friendly, and helpful when responding to customers needs
- Timely service recognizes that customers time is very valuable; provides them with prompt service
- Customer information/education provides customers with the best information needed to make informed choices
- Demonstrates advocacy, respect and truth telling
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Takes initiative to help others
- Demonstrates a learning attitude toward solving problems
- Demonstrates openness to change and new learning
- Reports to work on time and has regular attendance
- Adheres to practice defined dress code
- Attends Staff meetings
- Respects the needs, expectations and rights of all individuals
- Advocates the rights of all to a safe environment
- Uses sensitivity to cultural diversity to guide decision-making
- Identifies work processes and strives to reduce cost and increase satisfaction
- Identifies customers and demonstrates understanding of customers expectations
- Actively works to increase satisfaction of all
- Monitors customers satisfaction
- Takes active role in department process improvement efforts; demonstrates understanding of outcomes
- Demonstrates an understanding of responsibilities
- Demonstrates diagnostic thinking/reasoning
- Utilizes feedback from peers, supervisor, customers to drive performance and behaviors
- Prioritizes workplace safety
Position Requirements Required Experience:
Minimum of two years of experience as an LCSW, LSW or MSW with a broad background with diverse patient populations, preferably in a medical setting.
MSW and LSW must be eligible to sit for the LCSW after obtaining 2 years of supervision working in the field. This is required within 2 years of employment. This could be provided by Hancock Counseling with a signed contract to continue employment for at least 2 years after obtaining the LCSW license. Note: Salary will be determined by License held and experience level. Required Education:
Masters degree in social work from an accredited school of social work. Required License:
Current Indiana Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Social Worker or Masters Degree in Social Work.
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Shift Days Sign-On Bonus Yes $6000.00 Position Therapist - Social Worker (720) Number of Openings 1 Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Open Date 12/8/2021 Location Hancock Counseling & Psychiatric Services EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is currently accepting applications.