Location: Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
Salary: £48,000 per annum + £5,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time
Company / Hospital information:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Ward Manager or Senior Nurse to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist Acute Mental Health Hospital for men and women who have enduring mental health problems. The Hospital has 23 beds in total and is split into two wards - 12 bed male ward and 11 bed female ward.
The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. They are one of the UK's leading providers for mental health care.
The Job role
- With a team of junior and senior Nurses, Support Workers and a Deputy Ward Manager, you will design and deliver training and supervisions within a clinical environment using core skills in facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
- You will be responsible for overseeing ward budgets, clinical and nursing audits, the on-call service and will ensure procedures are being adhered to as you support young people to build a brighter future.
- It's a career that you can take pride in while enjoying the satisfaction of helping people and seeing them improve. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
- Supporting the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy
- Satisfactory fulfilment of core competencies
- Manage the achievements and maintenance of the Care Standards Act
Are you ?
An experienced Registered Nurse ( RMN, RNLD, RGN ) ? The Hospital welcomes applications from Mental Health Nurses, Learning Disability Nurses and General Nurses. Full training and support will be given by your own designated mentor.
Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK?
Passionate, caring, fun and energetic, with a genuine commitment and desire to make a difference to the lives of the service users we care for every day?
Committed to your own personal development and growth, and to the development of our nursing services?
Benefits on offer:
£5,000 welcome bonus (£2,500 paid in first pay cheque & £2,500 paid after 6 months)
Paid enhanced DBS check
Paid NMC registration
Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
A thorough paid 2 week induction
Genuine Career development opportunities at all levels
Access to training and development opportunities including:
o Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
o Leadership & management development
o Long service award
33 days annual leave + your birthday off!
Company pension scheme
Enhanced Maternity Package
Free car parking on site
Flexible working opportunities
Wellbeing support and activities including a counselling service, massages, and group activities. Who doesn't like a free massage at work?
Retail and leisure discounts
Regular breakfast mornings
Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
A positive and friendly staff culture
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, I would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV / click apply. If you would like more information about this position, please call Erin Giles on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) or email a copy of your CV to (url removed)
My purpose is to find make finding a new job as smooth and stress-free as possible. I will support you from application stage, to helping you prepare for the interview, to negotiating offers, onboarding and beyond. I want to make sure you feel informed and supported at all stages. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
RGN / RMN / RNLD / NURSE / REGISTERED NURSE / NMC PIN / HEALTHCARE / CLINICAL